It feels like a lifetime ago since I blogged so apologies to anyone who had been enjoying them, but I’m back now with some new ideas for the blog and what I want to aim towards.
So, a couple of months back my sister and brother in law gave my family the best news ever………they are expecting a baby! That’s right our family is growing, and the next generation will be here in February the excitement is unreal 😊.
Anyone who has read previous blogs will have guessed a growing trend with me… I’ll make a hamper for nearly any occasion ha!!
As they told us well before the 12 weeks and we had to keep it a secret for 8 VERY LONG weeks so, I decided to make up a little “Pregnancy Pamper” hamper for her. I didn’t want to put anything in the hamper baby related for superstitious reasons, so I made the hamper up with things that were more of a “pamper” for her while still acknowledging the most exciting news!!
I purchased most of it in Penney’s (surprise surprise!!!) and you could literally make the hamper as big or small as your budget allows.
In this one I put a few necessities:
- Bio oil – early prevention for the stretch marks!!
- Epsom salts & Radox muscle bath soak – for stressful days
- back loafer scrub – will come in handy when bump takes over!
- body scrub
- Gaviscon – a common complaint apparently for pregnant ladies, one of my friends carried a big bottle everywhere for the 9 months!
- Cooling face mask
- 2 litre refillable water bottle – keep her and baby hydrated!
- Big mug for the endless herbal teas
- Pregnancy magazine
- Note book – for her to put any questions she might think of for her doctor’s appointments
- Chocolates- a necessity for any girl I feel
- Tissues – for her emotions
- Comfy PJ’s – for those amazing sleeps at the start of pregnancy.
I’ll be posting a few more pregnancy related ideas for gifts/baby showers etc, over the next while mainly to help me countdown the next 170 days till I get to meet my niece or nephew!!!!
As always thanks for reading and hope this helps someone looking for a gift idea for a close friend/sister who has just told you their exciting news!